The 2020 Report is the ninth consecutive annual survey carried out by the Federation of European Self Storage Associations (FEDESSA) among its member associations and their member companies and the sixth to be produced in conjunction with property advisers JLL.
Find your local self storage provider
Enter a postcode to search for your closest SSA UK member and get a quote for self storage.
Increase your conversion rates by better tailoring your pitchOnline Training Session
Learn practical marketing skills for self storage managers and ownersOnline Training Session
The Self Storage Association (SSA UK) is the principal trade association representing both self storage operators and industry supplier members’ interests in the UK.
The mission of the SSA UK is to:
- Set the standard for the industry
- Promote the self storage industry in the UK
- Provide industry specific research
- Provide a lobbying forum to promote industry interests with statutory bodies
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate between members through a network of events including the annual conference, and regional meetings.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of self storage and promote best practice within the industry
SSA UK currently has a membership of approximately 450 storage operators and suppliers to the industry with membership growth in line with the sector. Nationally, there are approximately 1,582 primary facilities, offering approximately 45.6 million square feet of rentable space (Source Cushman & Wakefield/SSA UK).
Our publications and resources
The agreement released in June 2020 has been completely revised with simpler language, a clearer front cover, updated for Data Protection, use of social media to contact customers and adaption for completion by customers online.
Analysis on data from operators, customers and the general public pertaining to the UK self storage industry