Annual Industry Report
The Self Storage Association UK Annual Industry Report includes data collected from customers currently using self storage and for the sixth year running, the results of a YouGov Survey carried out among the public. All this, combined with our industry data, provides a comprehensive report into the UK self storage industry.
Thanks to the team at Cushman & Wakefield for completing the data analysis. Thanks also to all the members who completed the annual survey, without their input we could not produce such a high quality report.
- Occupancy on current lettable space is 77.2% up 1.4% on last year
- The UK average net rental rate is £23.11 per square foot per annum
- Approx 13% of households have used self storage at some point East Midlands and the North have experienced the largest gains in rental
- The total amount of space used by customers increased by 3.8% in 2018
- 56.9% of people cannot name a self storage store in their local area
- 71% of self storage customers are 40-69 years old
- 35% of customers have kept their unit for 3 years or more
Download the 2019 Annual Industry Report here
Previous reports for comparison can be downloaded here: