Nationally, there are approximately 2,050 primary facilities, offering approximately 52 million square feet of rentable space (Source Cushman & Wakefield/SSA UK, 2022). Over 80% of the self storage stores in the United Kingdom are members of the association along with many suppliers to the sector.
Directed by experienced non-executive Directors from member organisations and with close affiliations with the Federation of European Self Storage Associations (FEDESSA), the SSA UK currently has over 500 members from storage operators and suppliers to the industry. As the industry matures, our membership continues to grow and with this growth, we are able to provide more services and benefits in support of our members.
Our vision is to ensure a sustainable and self-regulated self storage industry in the UK.
- Set the standard for the industry
- Promote the self storage industry in the UK
- Provide industry specific research
- Provide a lobbying forum to promote industry interests with statutory bodies
- Provide a forum for discussion and debate between members through a network of events including the annual conference, and regional meetings.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of self storage and promote best practice within the industry
For further information on the SSA UK, please use the 'Membership' tab above and view or download our membership brochure and benefits chart.
If you are interested in joining the association, please contact us:
Self Storage Association UK Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1270 623150
Fax: +44 (0) 1270 623471
Email: [email protected]
Registered in England 03132537